- This event has passed.
Ceramic Veneers: Preparation Techniques, Clinical Concepts & Pearls (Hands-On) with Dr. Mark Pitel in South Jersey
September 11, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pmUSD $795
Introduced in the early 1980’s, the ceramic laminate veneer is now recognized as high clinical art and has become synonymous with aesthetic and restorative dentistry. The real beauty of veneers is that they are prized by patients and can also be successfully and predictably placed by any dentist that is willing to learn the basic concepts and procedures. The materials and adhesive techniques that have been developed for veneers allow us to provide this ultimate in esthetic restorations with a minimum sacrifice of tooth structure.
If you are currently not providing ceramic veneers in your practice have done only a few cases or do not feel especially comfortable placing them, you are missing out on the enjoyment and economic advantages they can bring to your practice. This course will provide you with all the essential knowledge and skills necessary to gain that confidence.
If you already do ceramic veneers on a regular basis and want to hone your skills, learn how to treat more demanding cases, or pick up a few pearls, this program is also for you. The course offers participants a comprehensive review of ceramic materials, diagnosis and treatment planning, preparation techniques, tissue management, impression taking, provisionalization and cementation. Participants will receive a half day of lecture material followed by a half day guided workshop covering all aspects of veneer placement.
Partial Listing of Topics Covered in Lecture:
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Diagnostic Waxups and mockups
- Choices in ceramic veneering materials – advantages, disadvantages of each
- Silicone prep guides – labial and incisal
- Tooth preparations for every clinical situation
- Martin placement – when subgingival, equigingival, or supragingival?
- Veneering posterior, previously restored and mandibular teeth
- How to handle contacts – when to and how to break them
- Managing tissue issues
- Impression taking – Getting it right the first time, every time
- Provisionalization (3 different techniques)
- Preparing veneers properly for try in and seating
- Adhesives and luting cements
- Cases involving an alteration in Vertical Dimension of Occlusion
- The importance of Ferrule design
- No prep veneers – how to, when to, and when not to do them
- Handing tetracycline staining and discolored teeth
- The “oxide ceramic” veneer
- Partial adhesive cementation – MDP and Tribochemical cementation methods
- Many more…
Hands On Portion:
- Performed on typodont models:
- Preparation of VPS Lingual/Incisal and a Labial Prep Guides
- Fabricating and using a clear prep/provisional template
- Preparing a complete laminate case with multiple prep designs
- Laminate Provisional Techniques