- This event has passed.
Endodontics from A to Z: A Hands-On Workshop for the General Practitioner (LECTURE & HANDS-ON)
July 12 @ 9:00 am - July 14 @ 5:00 pm$2975
DATE & TIME: Friday – Sunday, July 12 – 14, 26 – 28, 2019. 9:00am – 5:00pm.
SPEAKERS: Ilan Rotstein, DDS (Course Director), Rafael Roges, DDS, Mario Alvarez, DDS, Yaara Berdan, DDS, Juan Pablo Ramirez, DDS, Daniel Schechter, DDS, Louis Schwarzbach, DMD, Jaydeep Talim, DDS, Anthony Tran, DDS
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: 42
Endodontics has gone through many exciting changes in the past several years. Recent advances in technology, materials and equipment have changed the way endodontics is practiced today. These advances have made it possible to efficiently perform successful endodontic treatment with improved precision, predictable results, and with much greater patient acceptance.
This comprehensive state-of-the-art course includes series of seminars and hands-on workshops specially designed for General Dentists who wish to advance their knowledge and clinical skills in the art and science of endodontics. A team of endodontic specialists from the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC will thoroughly discuss evidence-based clinical and biological concepts of modern endodontic therapy. These experts will walk you, from start to finish, through all the necessary steps and phases that will enable you to enhance the way you practice endodontics so you can provide the best standards of endodontic care to your patients.
During the 3-day hands-on part of this course, you will have the opportunity to apply the principles discussed by the USC team of experts and practice in one of the most advanced facilities in California. You will perform endodontic treatment from start to finish in both single-rooted and multi-rooted teeth and will also practice endodontic retreatment.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Diagnosis and case selection in endodontics.
- Preparation for endodontic treatment.
- Current principles of endodontic access.
- Canal length determination including electronic apex locators.
- Nickel Titanium rotary instrumentation.
- Cleaning and shaping of the root canal system.
- Canal irrigation and intracanal medication.
- Root canal obturation techniques.
- Procedural errors and their prevention.
- Endodontic retreatment.
- Endodontic-periodontal interrelationship.
- Endodontic emergencies.
- Endodontic treatment in the young patient.
- Endodontic considerations in elderly patients.
- Achieving better success in endodontic cases.
UPON COMPLETION YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Enhance knowledge of clinical and biological concepts of modern endodontics.
- Successfully treat single-rooted and multirooted teeth.
- Apply system-based approaches and state-of the art technology for treating endodontic cases.
- Use endodontic hand and rotary instruments safely and effectively
- Know the indications and apply appropriate techniques for endodontic retreatment.
- Approach endodontic cases with confidence and enjoy more predictable results.
- Know when and what to refer to a specialist.r
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR:
- This course is recommended for doctors at any level who are interested in improving their clinical skills and treat teeth endodontically. It will provide participants with practical information and predictable techniques on how to perform appropriate endodontic access, and clean, shape and obturate the root canal system in three dimensions to improve treatment outcomes.
Before June 1, 2019
After June 1, 2019