- This event has passed.
NORWEGIAN FJORDS & THE MIDNIGHT SUN ON HOLLAND AMERICA: Current Dental Issues & Scandinavian Healthcare
June 7 @ 8:00 am - June 21 @ 5:00 pm
COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED, PLEASE CONTACT ORGANIZER DIRECTLY FOR MORE INFORMATION
$695 Professional Seminar Fee, plus cruise fare
14–Night Cruise along Norway’s Scenic Coast & Fjords on Holland America’s Newest Ship – Nieuw Statendam
Join PES and cruise majestic fjords, sail across the Arctic Circle to witness the remote beauty of North Cape, and explore small villages surrounded by breathtaking scenery and steeped in Viking history!
Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
- Experience the Midnight Sun during the Summer Solstice
- Visit Norway’s largest national park, waterfalls, and mountain plateaus in panoramic Eidfjord, home to less than 1,000 inhabitants
- Explore Bergen, a charming city with deep maritime and Viking roots
- Travel to the Artic port of Honningsvag, your gateway to North Cape
- Discover Flam: A fairy-tale place with steep-sided fjords, sweeping valleys and the scenic Flam Railway
- Encounter Stavanger’s incredible beauty and ancient history – from the natural wonder of Pulpit Rock to historic museums and churches
Your Holland America Cruise Features:
- A world of dining – from The Dining Room, specialty restaurants Rudi’s Sel de Mer and Tamarind, to a variety of casual options
- Wide array of engaging opportunities for exploration, entertainment, and relaxation including World Stage with nightly performances, multiple live music venues, live cooking shows, Lido Pool with giant LED movie screen, shops, spa, fitness center, wraparound teak decks, and casino, plus youth- and teen-friendly activities
- Variety of bars and lounges including wine and whiskey tasting rooms
- Carefully crafted, locally guided shore excursions available
- Award-winning service – nearly 1 crew member for every 2 guests
Current Medical/Dental Issues & Scandinavian Healthcare
CME/CE Lecture Seminars for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Healthcare Professionals
This Seminar is planned for 14 Continuing Education Credit Hours
- CME/CE Professional Seminar Fee: $695
- Seminar Attendance Fee: $450
CME/CE credits, Certificates of Completion and possible tax deductible guidelines will be provided for registered Professional Seminar attendees Certificates of Attendance will be provided for ALL registered seminar participants
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
The healthcare industry worldwide continues to face challenges and obstacles with providing quality healthcare and patient outcomes with continuing budgetary and resource challenges. Healthcare delivery is focusing more on prevention at the community level to meet these challenges. Scandinavian countries, including Norway, have by necessity developed a healthcare delivery model combining population-based public health principles and prevention with clinical medicine due to their isolated locale and limited resources. Through professional exchanges with in-country practitioners, this program explores Scandinavia’s commitment to primary care as key to improving population health, how to effectively deal with the aging population while keeping rising healthcare costs down, and how to keep up with and utilize the newest technology. By design, this program offers opportunities for medical professionals to compare and contrast cultural perspectives with current best practices in their own professional setting. During this program, we will be looking at varied practice models from hospital and clinics. Each have a unique approach; however, we all desire the same outcome.
Planned In Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Scandinavian Healthcare System: History, Challenges & Conquests
- Updates & Scandinavian Perspectives in Dentistry
- Community Healthcare Delivery: From Prenatal to Palliative Care
- Oral Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Generational & Gender Perspectives in Medical Care
- Travel Medicine Updates & Medicine at Sea
Educational Goals: Our goal is to provide unparalleled CME/CE travel opportunities for healthcare professionals that combine their most passionate destination desires with their educational goals, fostering exceptional learning experiences, friendships and connections with national and international colleagues.
- Conduct educational healthcare programs to learn about best practice models reflecting current approaches in medicine and healthcare across different cultures for providing quality patient outcomes
- Provide professional educational exchanges with international colleagues, healthcare educational organizations and clinics to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease
- Allow medical/healthcare professionals to compare and contrast current best practices in medical/healthcare delivery to provide quality patient outcomes in their own professional setting
Learning Objectives: Keep abreast of rapid expansion of medical knowledge and current best practice models on multiple topics to facilitate change and thus provide continually excellent patient care.
By design, this program permits medical experts to collaborate with colleagues and international counterparts to realize cross cultural view points and updates within the treatment and prevention of disease and offers opportunities to compare and contrast current best practices to supply quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting