SOUTHERN FRANCE RIVER CRUISE: Joint Medical/Dental Symposium Confronting Healthcare Needs
July 19 @ 7:00 pm - July 26 @ 8:00 am$695
Southern France River Cruise on Uniworld S.S. Catherine
7-Night All-Inclusive Rhône and Saône River Cruise Past Medieval Villages & Rolling Vineyards
Join PES and journey through Burgundy & Provence to visit picturesque places adorned with Roman ruins, stroll down enchanting cobblestone alley-ways, and sip fine local wine atop panoramic hills!
Joint Medical/Dental Symposium Confronting Healthcare Needs
CME/CE Lecture Seminars for Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Healthcare Professionals
This Seminar is planned for 12 Continuing Education Credit Hours
- CME/CE Professional Seminar Fee: $695
- Seminar Attendance Fee: $450
CME/CE credits, Certificates of Completion and possible tax deductible guidelines will be provided for registered Professional Seminar attendees Certificates of Attendance will be provided for ALL registered seminar participants
Seminar Overview/Statement of Purpose:
Medical practitioners are currently faced with the challenges of both treating and preventing the ever-increasing incidence of chronic diseases in the US population. In addition, the need to adapt best practice models in the context of emerging healthcare reforms impacting patient care delivery and access to care is an important issue for all healthcare practitioners to address.
France has the highest level of satisfaction with their health care system among all European countries. Physicians have adapted best practices strategies in compliance with the French universal healthcare coverage model. Although cardiovascular disease and obesity related diabetes have become significant global health issues, the incidence of these diseases in the French population is among the lowest in the world. Now, more than ever, it is important for medical professionals to collaborate with colleagues and global counterparts to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease. By design, this program offers opportunities for medical professionals to compare and contrast current best practices to provide quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting and gain a better understanding of emerging healthcare delivery models.
Planned In-Country Healthcare Topics Include:
- Organization of the French Healthcare System
- Dental Care in France: Overview and Emerging Issues
- Wellness & Stress Management for Medical Professionals
- Top Medical/Disease Issues: Challenges & Conquests
- Emerging Dental Issues: Treatment and Prevention
- Communicating with your Patients: Best Practice Skills for Best Patient Outcomes
- Preventative Care: Evaluating the Impact of Diet & Lifestyle on Disease
Educational Goals: Our goal is to provide unparalleled CME/CE travel opportunities for healthcare professionals that combine their most passionate destination desires with their educational goals, fostering exceptional learning experiences, friendships and connections with national and international colleagues.
- Conduct educational healthcare programs to learn about best practice models reflecting current approaches in medicine and healthcare across different cultures for providing quality patient outcomes
- Provide professional educational exchanges with international colleagues, healthcare educational organizations and clinics to gain cross-cultural perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease
- Allow medical/healthcare professionals to compare and contrast current best practices in medical/healthcare delivery to provide quality patient outcomes in their own professional setting
Learning Objectives: Keep abreast of rapid expansion of medical knowledge and current best practice models on multiple topics to facilitate change and thus provide continually excellent patient care.
By design, this program permits medical experts to collaborate with colleagues and international counterparts to realize cross cultural view points and updates within the treatment and prevention of disease and offers opportunities to compare and contrast current best practices to supply quality patient care and outcomes in their own professional setting
River Cruise Itinerary Highlights:
- Visit Avignon, the heart of Provence, and see the medieval Palace of the Popes and the ancient Roman aqueduct, Pont du Gard, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Stroll through medieval Viviers, a small enchanting town with cobblestone lanes
- Discover Roman ruins and medieval architecture in ancient Arles, a Provençal city dating back to the 7thcentury that inspired over 200 Van Gogh paintings
- Enjoy a glass of fine local wine overlooking France’s oldest medieval twin cities,Tournon and Tain-l’Hermitage, nestled among vineyards
- Journey to Lyon, a 2,000-year-old city and the gastronomic capital of France
- Explore Beaune, the center of the Burgundy wine-making region
All-Inclusive River Cruise Package:
- Free daily exclusive shore excursions led by English-speaking local guides and free use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
- All meals included featuring regional and international cuisine
- Unlimited beverages onboard including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee, tea, and mineral water
- Prepaid gratuities for ship staff and shore excursion guides
- Included transfers between airport and ship
- Complimentary shipwide Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Luxurious public areas including a well-equipped fitness center, onboard local entertainment, spa, sun deck, and pool
Continuing Education Recognition Awards offered for healthcare professionals on this PES Program include:
Physicians: Programs are reviewed by the American Academy of Family Physicians for a minimum of 12 Prescribed Credit Hours. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) toward the AMA Physician Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1.
Dentists: The Professional Education Society is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Professional Education Society designates this activity for a minimum of 12 continuing education credits.
Nurses: The Professional Education Society is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 5428, for up to 12 contact hours. Although the California Board of Registered Nursing does not approve individual continuing education courses, providers are required by law to be approved by the Board. Reciprocity for continuing education hours for nurses is available in most states. Please check with your regulation board regarding requirements.
For Other Healthcare Professionals: Certificates of Attendance are issued to all participants attending credit sessions and can be submitted for credit approval to their professional board. In order to receive a Certificate of Attendance, registrants must sign-in, attend the programs and complete a program evaluation.
Tax Deduction: This healthcare seminar has been designed to comply with current IRS convention rules and deductibility requirements under Code Section 274(h)(1) as directly related to the conduct of the attendee’s profession and meeting the reasonableness standard of the foreign seminar rules. The formal meetings will be scheduled with lectures and discussions. Seminars in conference rooms, clinics or hospitals will be conducted by in-country speakers as well as distinguished faculty of the Professional Education Society.
Documentation verifying the scheduling dates, locations, hours of attendance, certificate of participation, and appropriate certificate of continuing medical, dental or nursing education will be provided at the completion of the conference. Tax deductible benefits are not guaranteed and we recommend that every attendee should consult with their Tax Consultant about their Individual situation to determine the appropriate amount and reporting of deductible expenses.
For More Information: