The Artistic Dentist: Excellence in Direct Anterior and Posterior Composites (LECTURE & HANDS-ON)
August 2 @ 9:00 am - August 3 @ 5:00 pm$1425
SPEAKER: Jose-Luis Ruiz, DDS, FAGD
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: 14
This course will review the new paradigm in tooth preparation for adhesively retained direct bonded composite restorations, using Supra-gingival principles. The principles and technique necessary to achieve predictable bond to enamel and dentin while minimizing post-operatory sensitivity will be described. In addition, a technique for placement and finishing highly esthetic layered polychromatic anterior and posterior composite restorations will be discussed. Dr. Ruiz will address the latest concepts on composite materials and the principles of smile design, color, shade-matching, and use of tints to achieve natural exquisite looking restorations. Participants in this hands-on course will have the opportunity to apply principles discussed during the lectures, and be able to work in USC’s famous “Sim-lab,” one of the most modern and realistic simulator facilities in California. Participants will prepare and finish posterior direct composite restorations, perform polychromatic layered, highly esthetic anterior restorations, as well as Class IV and full direct composite veneers. At the end of the course, participants can take home, bonding materials, composites, polishing supplies, and other supplies.
UPON COMPLETION YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Perform a Class II in 15 minutes with predictability, simplicity and no post operative complication using supra-gingival principles learned.
- Understand and apply the latest developments in composite resins & adhesives.
- Incorporate state-of-the-art composite and bonding techniques to their practice.
- Perform diastema closures and full direct composite veneers with predictable and esthetic results.
- Prepare several teeth using principles specially design for direct adhesively retained composites restoration.
- Understand and apply the principles of smile design, color and color-matching for optimum results.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR:
- The lectures are designed for any member of the dental team. Workshop courses are designed and intended for dentists only.
Before July 1, 2019
After July 1, 2019